Wednesday, March 24, 2004

And Another Thing

Every man I've dated who's been a great flower-giver has also been over-compensating for some huge personal flaws in other areas. He can't hold down a job, remember to shave or speak to his mother without screaming, but he'll bring me flowers and candy and thoughtful gifts in an attempt to charm me into staying in his life.

Every man I've dated who I think I might like to see across the dining room table for the rest of my life thinks flowers are stupid, or too expensive (they're $10 a dozen on the streets of New York, losers), or useless, or whatever. Who cares if I love them and they make me happy.

A girl shouldn't have to buy her own fucking flowers.

This rant brought to you by the American Cancer Society. Buy some daffodils for someone. It's a good cause, and it might keep you from getting dumped.

No comments: