Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Red Tape?

From: "VoterRegGuy" (guy@boe.nyc.ny.us)
To: "mzouiser" (mzouiser@yahoo.com) (I changed this, what, months ago?)
CC: "VoterRegManhattan_DONE" (genericinfo@votinginfo.us)
Subject: RE: Not sure of exact polling location
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:08:03 -0500

Dear MzOuiser,

Due to heavy volume of work during the 2004 election season, we were unable to answer all emails.
We are truly sorry about this.

To answer your question, your poll site is: 210 Riverside Drive. ED 113 AD 67

If you have already received this please disregard.


-----Original Message-----
From: MzOuiser (mzouiser@yahoo.com)
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 12:53 PM
To: vote@boe.nyc.ny.us
Subject: Not sure of exact polling location

Could you tell me where I should go to vote? I think it is on Riverside drive...

I live at (my old address).

Thank you,

MzOuiser


It's a good thing I have other sources of info. (I did vote after all.)

Slight change of plans: Huge Financial Services Company wants me to start tomorrow instead of today. So I have one last day to loaf around in my pajamas, watch soaps, and take 45-minute long showers.

Ahhh.

UPDATE: Yeah, I did re-read the post where I voted. It's amazing how hopeful I felt at that time. So positive about the future. I had such firm belief that everything was going to be alright, and "be alright" involved certain specific things.

Boy was I wrong. All the specific things I thought were going to equal "being alright" were complete busts. The election. The loss of my apartment. The job itself.

I don't quite feel that everything right now is "alright." Things could be so much worse than they are. But I remain doggedly focused on how much better things COULD be. I hate the word "should," but I'll go ahead and use it: SHOULD BE, goddamit. I just can't let go of certain things... not yet.

So: Another Huge Financial Services Company. Another apartment. Another leap into the future.

How many times can I ask people to wish me luck?

Why do I feel like I need to ask for well-wishes?

Now here's a post. Maybe I'll do something other than watch soaps today.

No comments: