Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy News

I wanted to scan in my sonogram picture and be all clever about this, but I'm having no luck with my home scanner or the one in my local library. So, without visual aid, I am finally ready to tell the world:

I'm pregnant!
I'm 4.5 months along
Due date April 16th
it's a girl
We haven't chosen a name yet but are narrowing it down
no I haven't felt it kick yet

Gardiner and I are thrilled. Our parents, of course, are thrilled. I'm feeling relatively fine. The first trimester JUST SUCKED. I was barely able to get off the couch for thee months, I was so exhausted, and nothing was appetizing to me except cheeseburgers. Not any specific kind of cheeseburgers, just beef, cheese, bun, and whatever else I was in the mood for. DISGUSTING but true. My mom craved banana milkshakes when she was pregnant. Me, I get goddamn cheeseburgers.

Finally, after 4 months of feeling like a goddamn nauseous, exhausted whale, I am regaining my taste for other foods, and enjoying healthy food again. But now I get the backaches, the headaches, the everything-from-the-waist-down aches. Plus some other unpleasant physical side effects that I won't bother grossing y'all out with. Also I'm not sleeping well, or much, just plain unable to get comfortable. And the upper respiratory distress - always a problem with me - has gotten worse. And of course I can't take anything for it THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.

All of this is perfectly normal. And, already, I know it's worth it in the end. I am already so in love with this little girl squirming around inside me.

I waited a long, long time for this.

Totally worth it.

2 comments:

cheapblueguitar said...

Congratulations Honey! That is AWESOME news!

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

Love you. Love her already. Hugs from afar.