Wednesday, November 12, 2003

In reponse to some recent emails from my best friends from High School, who now live in Chicago, I was prompted to write the
TOP TEN THINGS I MISS MOST ABOUT SPRINGFIELD:

10. The Mid-American Playwright's Group. You never knew what in the name of God they were going to try and pull off.
9. Washington Park. The Rose Garden, the Carillon, the memories.
8. Lincoln Memorial Gardens. The quietude, the lake, the memories.
7. People who actully read the rules of the road at some point in their life
6. DRIVING. NO WALKING. DRIVING.
5. The Ethnic Heritage Festival
4. Going dancing at Limey's - that raised dance floor was off the hook
3. Steve Sykes's dance auditions for Puny (er.. I mean Muni)
2. Jazz at Norb Andy's and Union Station

and the #1 Reason I miss Springfield...

1. Hangin' with my PEEPS!!!

I realized after I sent this how inaccurate it really is. Here is the updated version.

TOP TEN THINGS I really MISS MOST ABOUT SPRINGFIELD:

10. The Mid-American Playwright's Group. Many crappy plays, some great ones, and all the best talent that had gotten sick of casting their pearls before the swine of Muni Opera and the Theatre Guild, may it rest in Peace.
9. Washington Park. The Rose Garden, the Carillon, the memories of being in love.
8. Lincoln Memorial Gardens. The low concentrations of rollerblading hillbillies, the lake, the memories of Keith.
7. People who actully read the rules of the road at some point in their life
6. DRIVING. NO WALKING. DRIVING.
5. The Ethnic Heritage Festival
4. Going dancing to 80’s music at New Dimensions with David Aikman – the only man to make a fag hag of me.
3. Steve Sykes's dance auditions, and Becky doing anything at all onstage. Just stand there and smile, honey.
2. The “scene.” Jazz at Norb Andy's and Union Station. Yuppie boys at On Broadway, farm boys and bikers at the Lake Club. Mm mm mm.

and the #1 Reason I miss Springfield...

1. My Mom’s Cooking.

(Not what you expected, was it!)

No comments: