Monday, November 21, 2005

Making the Most of This Time...

Well, look at me, just blogging away. I’m not working right now. Most likely I’ll have no work this week. So maybe I’ll blog again before the week is out!

I spent the majority of today re-working the play I wrote in college. It’s not exactly the next American classic, but maybe it doesn’t completely suck. I’m thinking about sending it to a friend of mine back home who’s a director. I’d love to do it myself but I’m really more of an acting coach than a director. And, let’s face it, I’m a little busy these days.

I wrote a song last night at about 4am. I woke up, and words and music were running through my head. I’d been having a dream about a teenage boy falling for a girl I went to high school with, and watching him try, endearingly, to ask her out. It was like something out of “Saved by the Bell.” He spontaneously burst into song, and when I woke up, I remembered it. I finished the song in my head, but I didn’t get out of bed and write it down. I think I was in one of those half-awake states. I really wish I had gotten up and written it down – or better yet, grabbed my little hand-held recorder and sang it. Gee, that would have been fun to listen to later. It wasn’t exactly the next top-40 hit, but it was humorous, and cute. And now, unfortunately, completely gone from my mind.

This has happened to me before, but it was a long time ago. Maybe it will come back to me.

Like several other bloggers I know, I also have a novel in my head, and haven’t been able to get it down on paper. I have a few scenes outlined, but it’s like 7 pages of something that may turn out to have hundreds. It was inspired by a visit to an old farmhouse a few years ago. I made up this whole story about the family who had lived there 100 years ago. If I could just get the shit onto paper. I’m going to try and devote some time to this over the holidays.

I’m expecting a miniscule paycheck tomorrow. Better than nothing. But I think I’m still short my monthly payments. Which sucks.

Wish me luck. I’d really like a hair salon appointment this week. The place I’ve been going recently isn’t picking the phone, and neither is a machine or voicemail. I might wind up trying to score an appointment with my old friend, the expensive-yet-worth-it, booked-a-month-in-advance Peter.

Yeeeaah. Wish me luck.

Addendum: thanks for the well-wishes - I scored an appointment with Peter of the magic brush for tomorrow at 12:30!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck! (Well, you said to wish you luck!)

cheapblueguitar said...

Good luck. :-)

Wayne said...

When you mentioned "Hair Salon" - it really reminded me how GORGEOUS you look the last time I saw you. :)

Yeeaaah!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!