Thursday, January 05, 2006

Prayer of Thanks

I am grateful for the sunrise, and its reminder that new days are opportunities for new beginnings.
I am grateful for the moonlight, and the reminder that in my darkest hours, I am never truly alone.
I am grateful for my health. I hope the stomach flu is the worst I have to suffer. I wish that were true for everyone.
I am grateful to live in a time where root canals and fillings are possible, as I prefer them to toothlessness.
I am grateful to have friends who wish to spend New Year's Eve with me.
I am grateful for my parents.
I am grateful for my ability to accomplish important things under duress.
I am grateful for the love I have shared with G over the past two and a half years.
I am grateful for my voice.
I am grateful for my ability to see my talents and gifts, even in the absence of external validation.
I am grateful for my friends, who validate me on deeper levels, and remind me to laugh, and to rest.
I am grateful for my sense of humour.
I am grateful for those who provide for me all that I cannot provide for myself.
I am grateful for the lessons I have learned from my job interviews.
I am grateful that I met so many successful career women at so many different companies. I look forward to meeting more.
I am grateful for the three days of temp work that I have scheduled in February.

In this dark place, I sit with my eyes closed, and though I cannot see a light at the end of this tunnel, I feel the light of your divine love inside me. Forgive me, Mother, for my cynicism, for my faltering faith, for my feelings of entitlement, for my unrealistic expectations, for my pride. I am perfect as You made me, and though I cannot see my purpose in life, I trust You will lead me to my destiny.

I surrender to your loving embrace. Guide me, your child, and I will do my best.

1 comment:

cheapblueguitar said...

This is beautiful.