Saturday, April 08, 2006

Reverie

When I was in college, I used to play "Baby you can sleep while I drive" on my stereo when I was alone in my room, usually when I couldn't sleep. That was fifteen years ago.

I just got a copy of Melissa's greatest hits. Somehow I managed to go all these years without ever owning a single Etheridge CD. When I was in college, I had the single on tape. So I figured, it looks like a good disc. It's got her oldies that I love, and a cover of Piece of My Heart, and blah blah blah ok I'll buy it.

It came today. "Sleep while I drive" is on there. I just heard it again for the first time in all these years.

Strong effect.

Good music.

So many things from my past have been popping into my mind over the last few months, about since last winter. Good things. Things I'm glad I haven't forgotten.

More later.

2 comments:

cheapblueguitar said...

That's a great song.

Dr. Zoom said...

Great song. It holds good memories for me -- memories of 'Lesbioke.' Don't know if we ever told you about that or not.