Friday, February 27, 2004

This is my last post of the day. I swear.

"Two parts of my life came together when I found out that acting could be a form of prayer. Now I offer my performances as prayers for someone I have worked with or someone who has died. I walk to the stage, and I offer that performance up for that person."
- Liam Neeson, Actor


I love him.

Substitute "Singing" for "Acting" and this could have been a quote from my own journals. I didn't know anyone else felt that way. Well, maybe I did, but I never heard anyone actually say it like that, except some heavily evangelical gospel singers and christian musicians whose mission in their art is to convert the heathen public into believers.

I've never felt really comfortable saying this sort of thing to anyone except my church Music Director, my friend who led a year-long spirituality program that I participated in, and my accompianist, who was also the Music Director at church for awhile. I figured people would roll their eyes.

I guess I was wrong.

But then, I haven't been Oscar-nominated. Yet.

Ok. Last post. Night, all.

No comments: