Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I haven't watched this muchTV in a long time...

OMIGOD! I just saw his commercial on TV! Like, JUST NOW. On ABC.

It is so cool seeing people I know on TV.

In other news, it seems the cast of Santa Barbara is now employed on ABC. It looks like Nancy Lee Grahn, Jed Allan, and Robin Mattson are on General Hospital, and I think Marcy Walker and Vincent Irizarry are on All My Children. I generally don't watch ABC, so I'm out of my element here, but I swear, I'm having all these Santa Barbara flashbacks.

And God, I miss SB sometimes. That was just the best damn doap ever. Though I've been a loyal Days fan for >gasp< 18 years, it's sucking these days.

I was a huge Another World fan too. I practically cried when it went off the air. Actual Actors in daytime? Doing Actual Acting?? No really, there were. Sigh. The fact that the drivel that is Passions was the reason for its cancellation just twisted the knife. Even after 5 years, I couldn't care less about those characters, and the writing just gets worse and worse. Ugh.

I have a list of people who I knew in the past who went on to successful careers in entertainment, and I have a lot of fun remembering who they used to be during the time I spent with them years ago. I'm always so proud to see someone I know get where they want to be, whether it's on TV or married or that dream vacation they always talked about. I know that when I was a teenager, I desperately wanted to be a performing artist myself, but I think what I really wanted was just to get out of Springfield, IL. I remember not really knowing if I wanted to be an actress, a musical theatre actress, a singer with a band, an opera singer... I just wanted out, and theatre/film/music seemed like the best excuse in the world NOT to stay in Springfield, IL. And, for me, in the end, that's exactly what it was.

Too bad I had to blow 15 grand on a worthless training program, but whatever.

This guy (who I went to high school with) is very focused, and a nationwide presence as the Alka-Seltzer guy ain't a bad jump. After all, remember the Noxema girl who went on to star in her own series, and make a few movies?

I could link to a bunch of other people, but I've already posted enough for one day. Although I'm thinking I could add a section to my links column... Hmm..

I still have no idea what I really want to be when I grow up, but I have a few ideas I'd like to try.

Right now, I'm waiting for the temp agency to call me back and give me someplace to go tomorrow AM. In the meantime, Oprah is featuring Married men who are gay and the Wives who had no clue.

No really, I swear, she really is.

LORD do I need a job.



No comments: