Friday, June 09, 2006

Meme

I do one of these, like once a year, so here ya go. I got this one in an email.

If you wanna play, change all the answers so that they apply to you and post it accordingly.


1. FIRST NAME? Deidre

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Deirdre of the Sorrows was Queen of Ireland for a short period of time, around four thousand years ago. She's known for singing about death and betrayal, jumping into graves, being in a really sad mood all the time, and killing herself by jumping off a cliff. She was also said to be so beautiful that every man who looked upon her was willing to kill to get close to her. I could write a 20-page dissertation on this, but really, aren't you bored already?

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? This morning, because the toaster wasn't working properly. That doesn't count though, because I'm SO menstrual right now. Cry for a real reason - oh dear. I can't remember. I'm sure it hasn't been too long. This is amazing. I'm so used to being depressed. Damn, this is some good hot cocoa.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Why? What's wrong with it? And what difference does it make since I type 55 words per minute? I write fine. Just fine.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Braunschweiger. Also known as liverwurst. With hot mustard... Mmmm...


6. KIDS? Someday! I'll get around to it! Geesh, I'm 35! I'm getting married in February! STOP PRESSURING ME!!!

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Shit yeah, I'm fun, and I pick up the tab a lot.

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Worse. I have a blog.

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Who me? Nawwwww.

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No. Why? Do you want them? Should I have donated them? Could I have sold them? Shit, what happened to those things?


11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Oh please. I don't need to. I drive in New Jersey, which is all the death-defying thrill anyone needs.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Apple Jacks. No, wait, I mean Kashi Heart Smart. Yeah. Or Grape Nuts. Love them Grape Nuts. With lots of sugar.

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Tie? What, like laces? Do they still make shoes like that?


14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Internally, I'm a heavyweight champ. Physically, I get rather worn out stirring my coffee. Massage school is helping with that. I brushed my teeth the other night and was able to stand afterward.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Breyer's Mint Cholcolate Chip. The ice cream with integrity. No artificial coloring needed.


16. SHOE SIZE? Eight, like 80% of the women in this country, and they are always sold out. Everywhere.

17. RED OR PINK? Black.

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? The ridiculously high standards to which I hold myself, ensuring near-constant disappointment and self-flagellation.


19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Grandmothers.

20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No. I can't take the pressure. I might not have time to read them all! I don't want to slight anyone!


21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? As Gina said: Black, dammit. We work in New York.


22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chocolate pudding.


23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The hum of the air-conditioner. It's a tomb in here.

24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Green. Just green.

25. FAVORITE SMELL? Sorry, it took a while to stop laughing at this one. Hm, I'd say I'm happier in the absence of odour.
A nicer reply would be my Mom's cooking.

26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My afore-mentioned Mom.

27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Hair


28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I love Gina! She's an absolute doll. She's also gorgeous and I wish to g-d I had a straight male friend to hook her up with.

29. FAVORITE DRINK? Oh, how can I choose? My favorite single malts are Bushmill's 16-year, Glenmorangie's 21 year, and Glenlivet's French Oak Finish. My favorite wine is Chateau Lafayette Reneau's Dry Reisling.

30. FAVORITE SPORT? To play? Maybe Tennis, or Swimming. To watch? Basketball.

31. EYE COLOR? Brown


32. HAT SIZE? Oh PLEASE. I don't look. If I need it, and it fits I buy it. I don't want to know how swollen my head is.

33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No... but colored ones intrigue me

34. FAVORITE FOOD? Eggplant, especially Italian (parmesan) or Chinese (garlic sauce).
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Both! Depends on my mood.

36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIE THEATRE? Da Vinci code. Stick with the book.

37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? I'm currently featuring a lovely green-and-purple floral sweater with a matching scarf from Ann Taylor.

38. SUMMER OR WINTER? I hate being cold and I hate bugs. So I don't care, because I'm staying indoors.

39. HUGS OR KISSES? Sex, please.

40. FAVORITE DESSERT? As Gina said: Something chocolate!

41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? You never know who's going to pick up on these things. Dantallion seems to be into memes lately, although this one is pretty lame.


42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? ...Zzzz... I'm sorry, next question?

43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? "A Storm of Swords" by some guy with the middle initials "R.R." This may be an homage to Tolkein, although his writing, in my estimation, is far more entertaining.

44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Nothing. It's solid black.

45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Oh, isn't that cute. Someone assumes we all spend our evenings watching TV. I'm busy, people. I don't get home until Midnight. Then I sleep. The last thing I watched was the Sopranos last Sunday night.

46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My cat purring.

47. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? For starters, there was more than one Stone. And I prefer the Eagles. And the Pretenders.



Well. I guess I should work or something now.

No comments: