Sunday, December 03, 2006

First Massage Job Interview

Not sure if I mentioned, but I had my first massage job interview - called an "audition - a week ago Monday. I did well, but I'm still at student level, and the place I auditioned for wants seasoned professionals. It was good to see exactly where I fall short on that scale though. Now I know the specific things I need to perfect to make people think I've been doing this for years.

Seriously though, the best part of it was that the owner of the place (who I massaged) told me that I have great hands, I'm very strong, I make a great connection, and I have great intuition, that I can find all the problems (like knots and such) and work them out. All I really need is some finessing - apparently my initial approach and end of session retreat were jarringly abrupt. That I can work on.

I may have an opportunity for some private mentoring before I get licensed. I hope so - I think it would make all the difference.

So: the studying begins. Licensing exam on January 25th.

1 comment:

Judy said...

It's wonderful you are looking at it the way you are - this is what I need to do; you're on your way! :)