Wednesday, October 29, 2003

I love to cook. I’m pretty good at it too.

The other night I stir-fried chicken in Asian fish sauce (yeah, you can actually buy that all over New York) and Thai Spicy Pepper Paste (that too) with enough sugar. You know, just enough. I got the idea from the label on the Thai Spicy Pepper Paste bottle. I thought it would be good with a box of instant organic couscous. The couscous had pistachio nuts, pine nuts, almond slivers, and dried black currants in it.

This was so yummy. Who knew? It smelled hideous when I was stir-frying (fish sauce, you know). But that subsided and I got a deliciously pungent, spicy dish. That couscous was awesome. Next time, I’m going to use plain, regular couscous and add the nuts & stuff myself – do the whole thing from scratch. And drink tea with it.

This goes to show: for a really fun evening, ya gotta have a few nuts.

No comments: