Thursday, March 04, 2004

This morning I left my purse (!?) at my bf's house.

This is the second time I have done this.

I would say I cannot believe what a dingbat I am, but in truth, I am very aware of my dingbattiness. This is pretty much a famiily trait on my father's side. And, really, bf should consider it a compliment. If I hadn't been so filled with bliss, utterly relaxed, feeling as though I hadn't a care in the world, I might have been paying closer attention.

Like most women, I cannot survive much longer than a few minutes or so without my purse. Since the darling drove me to work, I had no need for anything in my purse until I arrived at my desk. At which time I discovered the situation.

I have wanted many times over the years to learn to carry things in pockets, like men do, to be free of this daily level of risk. What do I really need besides my wallet? My phone I can attach to a belt clip? Metrocard goes in the wallet. MetroNorth pass and work ID too. My sunglasses can ride atop my head. Kleenexes can go in another pocket. (Due to the curse of allergies, I can't go anywhere without Kleenex.) Keys can go in... pockets are getting full. Glasses - I can't look at a monitor without them - they're in a small case... they could go...

Uh-oh.

Never mind such ecoutrements as chapstick, a pen, pocket change, and female items... damn.

This sucks!

So. I'm still carrying purses. Really cute ones too. There is an upside to this after all. "The only thing that seperates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."

Anyway, he will drive me back to his place after work to retrieve it. This means I will go without luch today. Thank God for the free oatmeal, orange juice, milk, coffee, and tea in the breakroom. I'm dieting anyway. This should be a VERY low point day.

And this is NOT the most exciting thing that has happened to me today. I'm working on a post about the most exciting thing to happen today. Which is kind of big. In a sense.

No comments: