Monday, March 09, 2009

Body/Mind Disconnect

Happy Purim everybody. Today I'm going to make Hamentaschen, and then try to fob the cookies off on my neighbors. Most of them have dietary restrictions, so I might have to take them to Marge's veterinary office next door or to our auto mechanics down the street. Never thought I'd see the day when I had trouble unloading cookies. I am a 5-star baker.

Anyway. My husband is out of town for a week-long training class, and I have a sore throat. All last week he was sick with some kind of chest congestion contagion. I slept on the couch most nights, which broke my heart. I know he's leaving for a week, and he's sick, and I'm on the rag, and then that one day I had the horrible acid reflux. We SHOULD be having wild sex all week, but no, we were too busy feeling crappy. Saturday night, I couldn't stand it anymore, and threw caution to the wind, and spent the night in bed with my husband. I woke up Monday morning with a sore throat and chest congestion.

Totally worth it. But now he's gone, and I have to make my own soup and tea.

Honestly, I don't really feel THAT bad. He was really sick, he actually took a sick day on Tuesday, staying in bed all day. Tuesday was that really great day for me, ironically, where I had the awesome gym workout, and made the soup, and got all that stuff done. While my poor baby was sleeping away. I'm nowhere near as sick as he was, but I wish I felt my best.

My goal was to work out five days straight. In this condition, I'm afraid of pushing myself into a really sick zone. Being on my own this week, that would be baaad. So no gym today. I think instead I will go to the mall and walk briskly for a half hour. Then hit the grocery store.

I keep thinking about my post last Friday. It boils down to a lack of trust. I have a real problem with trust. More on that later.

I'm already twitching to get out of the house. And I'm starving.

No comments: