Tuesday, May 30, 2006

ENOUGH!

Last weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, as I was staggering home from my Saturday morning clinic shift, I realized I had a fever. I collapsed into bed and didn't get up until Monday.

I had a sinus infection.

That's two bed-ridden illnesses in two weeks, both during what should have been vacations.

I get it. I'm working too hard. I know. Enough already. Can I please just be healthy for another three weeks? Then I'll have a nice long rest in Bermuda coming to me. Just let me get through my finals. Is that so much to ask?

When I get back from Bermuda, this job will be over! If I take another one, it won't be nearly as demanding! No really, it won't! It'll be half the commute! And with nice people! THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT, I SWEAR!

I promise. I'll take it easy. Hey - not only that, I'm taking a whole 'nuther week off in July! I really will be taking it slower.

I promise myself. I WILL slow down. I WILL stress less next semester.

I promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing suckier than being sick in the summer. Feel better soon.

Dr. Zoom said...

Hang in there sweetie. And enjoy Bermuda!

dantallion said...

Does this mean that if (when?) you end up getting stressed out at your NEXT job, you won't have a problem with us throwing this post back in your face? ;)