Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2007: Year Of The Wedding

It begins.

G and I toured this place yesterday, and got several pricing scenarios. It's a one-stop shop, including ceremony on-site, cocktail reception, seated three-course gourmet dinner, "designer" wedding cake, dancing, and an on-site wedding coordinator. Add to that flowers, photography, wedding attire, participant gifts, and other sundry items. Our "special day" will cost >gasp< over twice as much as my first wedding. We're paying for the whole thing ourselves.

...Segue...

I'm still waiting to hear about that job I interviewed for two Fridays ago. I was informed today that I "bring a lot to the table" and that my "personality alone made me stand out from the crowd." I am, supposedly, the front-runner. The team will decide tomorrow who to hire.

For most of the day tomorrow, I will be in Hackensack, studying with my old classmates for the licensing exam next week. I am hoping and praying that, in the middle of our studies, I'll get the call telling me the job is mine.

If that happens, I will re-join Weight Watchers tomorrow night, when I get home. Thursday I will overhaul the kitchen, and start making phone calls to bridal salons. Then I will email my favorite designer and take her up on her offer to send me some samples to try on. Friday, I will study my butt off for that test.

Next Thursday, I will ace that test.

Come on, job. Come on, licensing exam. Come on, wedding. Come on, 2007!

5 comments:

Jess said...

I was looking at the website for the wedding place. It said it's in an area called "Boston." What part of Manhattan is that? Is that in the Upper East Side? Down by the Battery? Sorry, I just don't know that neighborhood. Hmmm. Oh, wait, is it on Long Island? But no, I still don't know the area. Such a puzzle!

Good luck with everything in the coming days!

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking good thoughts. That venue is breathtaking.

drc said...

Good luck on the test, but I hope you get the job!!!

Anonymous said...

Wishin' the both of you all the best!

Take care & Keep warm!

*CHEERS*

Tuna Girl said...

Go Ouiser!

Stuff it, Jess. Boston is lovely! ;-)