Sunday, February 25, 2007

With Gratitude, and Joy

I have my very first real, professional massage job today. Not at this place - at my friend Penny's spa! We've been talking about me coming to work there, but it's actually happening now. I'm booked for two clients today, and Penny and I are doing a couples massage together next Friday.

I don't know what the commission is, and right now, I don't care. I might not work again for eight months. Then again, I might work there every weekend. Don't care. This is my first job in this field, and I worked my butt off for this. I'll work out the details when they come up. I'll still go to the audition on Monday, but now I actually have choices. I'll go to the place that feels like the best match for me.

There haven't been very many times in my life when I felt that my hard work actually paid off. I can't express the elation that went through me when I got that letter on Friday.

I am immensely, humbly grateful for the blessings in my life.

Now 'scuse me - deep breath - I've never been so excited to say this - I'M GOING TO WORK!

P.S. And to think I wrote this just last Friday morning - a scant few hours before everything started falling into place...

1 comment:

Jess said...

That's terrific! You're going to use your skills and make people feel better as a result. What could be better? Go get 'em!